The Gang, also known as the Main Six, is the primary cast of characters in the animated series 6teen. The group consists of schoolmates Nikki Wong, Jonesy Garcia, Jen Masterson, Wyatt Williams, Jude Lizowski, and later, Caitlin Cooke, who are all working inside the Galleria Mall, while also doing things that teenagers like them typically do inside the mall.
Starting with the pilot episode "Take This Job and Squeeze It", there were only five members: Nikki, Jonesy, Jen, Wyatt, and Jude, all of whom were hanging out at the Galleria Mall as usual. Jen, however, had a job at The Big Squeeze prior to her working at Penalty Box for the rest of the series.
Caitlin would later join the gang as the sixth and final member because her father ordered her to get a job after she went on a shopping spree and used up his entire credit card. Jen helped her get a job by giving her former position to her, which Caitlin was reluctant at first due to her having to wear the lemon on her head as part of her work uniform. Jude, Jonesy, Wyatt, and Nikki got themselves jobs as well. These being:
- Jude was promoted to manager of Stick It as a result of Jonesy teaching him how to lie.
- Jonesy got a job at The Soda Hop, but 10 minutes later, he was fired for hitting on his female coworker, who happened to be his boss's daughter.
- Wyatt got a job at the music store Spin This. There, Serena assigned him to the country music section, much to Wyatt's displeasure.
- Nikki got a job at The Khaki Barn. She was highly reluctant about it and felt embarrassed in front of her friends.
Each member of the Main Six had a continuing relationship with another character throughout the entirety of 6teen. These being:
- Wyatt first dated Serena in the episode "The (Almost) Graduate", and later broke up in the episode "The One with the Text Message". He would later go on to date Marlowe starting with the season 2 hour-long special "Snow Job", and they would break up in the episode "Date and Switch." Despite Wyatt breaking up with the latter, they remained good friends.
- Jude had Starr. They first meet in the episode "The Five Finger Discount" and later dated in the episode "The Khaki Girl".
- Caitlin first dated Talon, but had since went on to have a variety of boyfriends, all of whom broke up with her for various reasons.
- Nikki promptly dated Stone following her brief breakup with Jonesy, but stuck with the latter since.
- Jen first dated her co-worker Charlie Dobbs, and later sports superstar Travis Gibson.
However, perhaps the biggest among them would have to be with Jonesy and Nikki together, who has the longest relationship coming from anyone in the gang itself, which all started with Jonesy teasing Nikki to be his boyfriend while working at the Khaki Barn with her ("Clonesy"). They initially ended it after having troubles with their relationship anniversary gifts ("Unhappy Anniversary"), but later reconciled when Jonesy eventually chose Nikki to be his date at their school's winter dance ("Snow Job").
In part one of the series finale, Nikki announces to her friends that she and her parents were moving to Iqaluit due to Mr. Wong getting a new job there, much to the gang's dismay. Jonesy, in particular, was greatly affected by this, as this meant that he and Nikki had to break up one last time (as well as going through his "seven stages of anguish"). Despite the main six's efforts to get Nikki to stay, they all failed.
In part two, the gang has come to accept that Nikki's moving away, including Jonesy himself. To celebrate her occasion, they throw her a "going-away" party as a final hoorah with her. Mr. and Mrs. Wong see their daughter with her friends having a heartwarming moment, prompting Mr. Wong to cancel the move. Nikki, however, did not accept this, as her observance made her change her own mind about wanting to move, which the others respectfully accept. Jonesy and Nikki get a proper break up. As Nikki is on the plane to Iqaluit, she is on her cell phone talking to her friends and getting both her and Jonesy back in a relationship, much to the gang's delight.
- Every member of the gang has been out of their jobs in one way or another:
- Jen: She resigned from The Big Squeeze because she got a new job at The Penalty Box, where she would subsequently give her old job to Caitlin ("Take This Job and Squeeze It").
- The Big Squeeze: She went out of her job there (albeit briefly) after she finally fulfilled her (now rejected) goal of using her father's credit card again by paying him back after she used it all up ("Losing Your Lemon").
- Chocoholics Anonymous: She wasn't seen being out of her job from there. However, she may have quit either because she had attained her goal of buying the sparkly jeans from Hunnington's, or because her excessive consumption of chocolate made her gain a significant amount of weight, which affected her body shape ("Girlie Boys").
- Khaki Barn: She has been out of her job from there numerous times:
- Was angrily fired by Chrissy for exposing her boss' (now not-so) secret link to the Star Wars fandom ("Welcome to the Darth Side").
- Quits the store angered from being falsely suspected by the Clones for shoplifting there ("The Wedding Destroyers").
- Furiously quits her job at the store as she was mad about the punishment she got for not helping the Clones during Khaki Barn's "biggest sale of the year" ("Quit It").
- Gets the chance to make her final moment in the store by proudly citing a speech about it's faulty philosophy (as she was moving away at that time), and finally declaring that she has quit her job in there ("Bye Bye Nikki? Part 2").
- Stereo Shack: Her lackluster performance in the store (as well as losing feelings for her because of Julie) caused her to be fired by Darth ("Welcome to the Darth Side").
- Counter Measures: She got fired by Monty after she accidentally poured in a huge amount of her boss' laxative tea in one of her pumpkin muffin recipes, which resulted in the consumers of those muffins (including herself) experiencing continuous bowel movements ("Quit It").
- Khaki Barn: She has been out of her job from there numerous times:
- Spin This: He was fired by Serena after his reckless behavior (from being dumped by her for Chad) inside the store bothered everyone else there (including her) and embarrassed her in front of the customers ("Going Underground").
- Underground Video: He got fired after he accidentally spilled coffee on Samurai Space Warriors, a movie that Wayne loved very much ("A Ding from Down Under").
- Stick It: He lost his job there for its lack of proper maintenance, which was first evidenced when he accidentally served Blade a kebab with a cockroach in it, causing the stand to require health inspection, and was subsequently declared for it to be shut down in the process ("Going Underground")
- Underground Video: He suddenly got out from his job in that store without any expanation. However, he could have quit just so he could work at Burger McFlipster's just for the fries ("Over Exposed").
- Burger McFlipster's: Like his previous one, he wasn't shown being out of his job there. However, he may have quit after he ate a lot of fries from that restaurant.
- Galleria Mall Ice Rink: After he accidentally left the parking brake loose from the Zamboni and leaving Emma Jr. on the vehicle, this abruptly caused it, while with her on it, to wreak havoc in the mall, leading him to be accused of leaving a minor in danger, and subsequently dismissing him from his job for it ("6 Teens and A Baby").
- Jonesy: He has a laundry list of jobs that he got out from for various reasons throughout the show,
- Judging from what is mentioned above, the males of the gang have been out of their jobs more than the females do, especially Jonesy (who is known for not keeping a single job for a long time in almost every episode).
- Each member has a codename given by Ron while he is explaining them to his (now fired) assistant, Kai ("The New Guy"):
- Nikki: Nose Ring (In reference to her punk style, in which she is seen wearing facial piercings.)
- Wyatt: Coffee Pot (Derived from his known addiction of drinking coffee a lot.)
- Jen: Gym Sock (Because of the fact that she loves sports very much.)
- Caitlin: Cupcake (She may be seen as "sweet" on the surface, but she can also be suspicious.)
- Jude: Hang Ten (He has that stereotypical "surfer dude" attitude he's known to display, even though he's a skilled skater.)
- Jonesy: Maverick (Notoriously known to often break almost every rule inside the mall deliberately.)
- Jude and Nikki are the only ones in the group who have appeared in Total DramaRama, the former being a main character and the latter having a cameo.
- Caitlin's and Wyatt's voice actors are the only ones who haven't been involved in the Total Drama franchise (including the aforementioned Total DramaRama).
- Jude and Caitlin are the only ones in the group who are regularly seen wearing hats throughout the show (even though in Caitlin's case, she wears hers as part of her uniform for her job at The Big Squeeze).
- Everyone in the main six is confirmed to have family members, some of whom have been mentioned or physically appeared on the show. These being:
- Caitlin: Mr. Cooke (father, mentioned several times)
- Jen: Courtney Masterson (sister), Emma Masterson, Sr. (mother), Emma Masterson, Jr. (half-sister)
- Jonesy: Robbie (brother), Diego (brother), Mr. Garcia (father), Emma Masterson, Jr. (half-sister), Emma Masterson, Sr. (stepmother), Jen (stepsister)
- Jude: Jade (cousin), Mr. and Mrs. Lizowski (father and mother)
- Nikki: Mr. and Mrs. Wong (father and mother)
- Wyatt: Mr. and Mrs. Williams (father and mother)